Friday, October 06, 2006

Just Because...

When Jared and I were engaged, he surprised me one day by sending me a dozen red roses to work. In his card he wrote that throughout our marriage he was going to do things for me or surprise me "just because". Well, today during our lunch break one of my coworkers, Rebecca, got a beautiful bouqet of flowers delivered to her from a guy she has only got on one date with. I was talking to Jared when this happened and joked with him saying, "Whatever happened to the 'just because' surprises?" I was just trying to get more flowers out of him. I told him I was just kidding and that I really would not want him to spend that much money on flowers (even though I love them). So tonight he walks in with these flowers for me. I started laughing because he had gotten them for me because of our conversation. That was very thoughtful of him, and best of all, he got them from the man that is always selling flowers at the freeway off-ramp. Now that's my kind of flowers because they only cost $5 and you get three nice long stem roses and some white flowers as well. That was a nice "just because" surprise. Well, tonight Joy and I went to Old Navy. I had some giftcards from quite some time ago and so I wanted to see if they had anything good. Old Navy is always hit or miss for me, but tonight I did well. I love that all the new fall clothes are coming out because I always have an easier time finding clothes that I like. I got three shirts, two jackets (because I couldn't chose between the two, so I will have to return one), and some jeans. The best part was that I didn't spend a dime because I had so many giftcards. Today was a good day!

No comments: