I thought I would blog about my sisters. I have recently seen some really cute pictures of Laurie, Heather and me, so I thought I would blog a little about each of them. They are great sisters.Laurie is a very kind and thoughtful sister. Since she is the oldest child, she has always experienced life first: grade school, dating, college, marriage, kids and so on. It was always nice for the rest of us to learn from Laurie and to follow in her footsteps. Because Laurie was the oldest sibling, she has always helped the rest of us with what classes to take in college, with school papers, with church talks, or anything we may have needed. Laurie has always been so thoughtful and proactive when it comes to birthdays, Christmas, or any special occasion. She has always gotten us something that took a lot of thought and that we would enjoy. She will randomly give us gifts if she sees something and knows we would enjoy it. When I was at school she always sent me cards for Halloween or cards just because she was thinking of me. When we were little, Laurie would paint our nails and do our hair. I remember her setting up a cardboard table in her room and making a sign that said Laurie Salon and all the cousins went in to get their nails and hair done. In this picture, Laurie was doing my hair and nails. Thanks to her, I thought I was hot stuff. That purse was Laurie’s and I always wanted to be a mature, grown-up woman just like her. I have always looked up to Laurie and have tried to follow in her footsteps. She is a great sister.
Heather is a very caring and sensitive person. She is always thinking about other people’s feelings and never wants to say anything mean that would offend them. Heather and I always shared a room growing up, and at night she would curl my hair and suck her thumb. Most nights I would wake up and Heather had my hair so tightly wrapped around her finger I couldn’t move an inch. Sometimes when we would go to bed I would ask her to give me a hug, and she would say “Ok, but only for 10 seconds.” She would quickly count “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10” and then let go. Looking back, that makes me laugh because it was so cute and caring of her. We loved to play house together with our dolls in our room. One funny thing was that if anyone said or did something out of context, we had to start over by saying “house”. So if our brothers came in, for example, and bothered us, we would tell them to leave or be quiet, and then say “Okay…House!” It was as if we were starting over and that the disruption never happened. Heather and I also twirled baton together, and that was fun going to classes and competitions. Once Heather got older, I noticed she always wrote in her journal and read her scriptures. These are great habits that I have always admired about her. She has always been on the right path, and I am grateful for the fun times we have had together. Heather and I have always been great buds.I am grateful to both of my sisters for the love they have showed me over the years. They have been a big part of my life and I appreciate all they do. I hope our relationship always stays that way.
1 comment:
These pics are a crack up. You were sure cute. Always have been.
Thanks for your kind words. I often don't feel like a very great sister. I have a long way to go. I'm grateful you've seen the good and that you care too. I do care and I hope and think our relationships will grow. Thanks for being patient with me.
Post a Comment