Sunday, October 29, 2006

NASCAR Adventure

Yesterday was a fun filled day. We (Matt, Kay, Brett, Joy and me) when to Fontana to watch Matt drive a NASCAR at the California Speedway. I went for support and to take pictures. Jared unfortunately was unable to go because of a big test on Monday. Kay had given this gift to Matt as a birthday present last year. With his package he got to drive his own NASCAR eight times around the track at a maximum speed of 150 mph.
When we got there Matt and Kay told Brett and I that we could go on a ride-along if we wanted and had time for it. That meant we would ride with an experienced driver and go around the track three times at 165-170 mph. We both were so excited but were not sure if we would have time due to Brett needing to get home early for his homecoming date. When we were in the training with Matt, a NASCAR racer started talking to me and kept on talking to us all day. He asked us if we were going on a ride along and we said no because we wouldn't have time due to Brett's dance. He said, no problem. He would get us in the front of the line and we would ride with him. Once he said that, we jumped on the opportunity and are so glad we did.
This is me in front of the car I rode in. It was such a neat experience. To get in the car, I went through the window and they strapped me in there really good. You could barely move your head, which is a good thing in case of an accident. If we hit, which I was not worried about, I knew my body would still be in one piece.
This is me getting into the car. I got really excited when I heard the engine rev. When we first started that was the neatest feeling because your head was pressed against the seat and we were flying. It was amazing to be going so fast in a NASCAR. As we were going around, I kept looking for how fast we were going but they don't have your speed in the car. Once we were done the guy said we went 170 mph. I had a blast!
Here is Brett starting to get into the car. He had a ton of fun and had a huge smile on his face afterward. After our rides Brett and Kay ended up having to leave early so Brett could get back. Joy and I stayed with Matt to watch him drive his NASCAR.
This is him starting to take off. It was amazing how fast he went. I would take one picture of him going around the track and before I knew it he was there again. I had a hard time keeping up with him. The max he was suppost to go was 150 and when he got his stats his highest speed was 145. That is so good! He was passing other cars right and left. We all had a great day and a neat experience.

No comments: