This morning we went to the doctor for my final visit since I am now one week overdue. The doctor said I was three centimeters dilated and 80% effaced which is really good. Progress has definitely been made and she stripped my membranes which means she thinned the cervix to help the baby along. It sounds like that would be painful but it wasn't for me so that was good. Other people have told me it could be a painful thing but I was lucky I guess. We set up an induction date for this Thursday, Sept 13th at 7:30 am if the baby doesn't come before that, but the doctor really thinks he will. After the doctor's appointment we went for one more testing of the baby's heart rate at the maternal fetal testing center and everything was fine...in fact, during the test I had a contraction which went off their chart. Their machines don't really tell you the intensity of the contraction but it was neat to see the monitor go off the chart. It really didn't feel like much to me but I could tell it was happening.
After they tested the heart beat we got an ultrasound which was neat. The lady gave us two pictures of the baby as you can see above. It is a close up shot of the face with the head turned toward you, and the baby's hand is across his face covering the mouth. If you tilt your head to the right a little bit you can make the face out a lot easier. The two dark circles on the right hand side of the picture are the baby's eyes and the nose is the bright spot in between with his hand right below. It is kind of hard to make out if you are not shown where everything is but we will see him soon enough. It will be interesting to see if Ethan is a thumb-sucker since his thumb is always in his mouth in the three ultrasounds we have seen.
No comments:
Post a Comment