On Friday Jared and I went to dinner with the Goodmans to a little Mexican place in Santa Ana. It is not a place you would voluntarily stop at unless you knew someone who had been there and said it was good. That was the case for us so we went and enjoyed it. Jared and I both got a carne asada burrito and some horchata. I really like horchata - thanks to Joel for introducing me to it. Horchata is a Mexican drink made from rice water with cinnamon. It sounds nasty but it is a delicious cinnamony drink. After dinner Jared and I broke off from the group and went to see Twilight.I really enjoyed Twilight and would definitely see it again! Jared said he enjoyed it too. I told him he could tell me the truth but he is still saying he liked it. If you didn't read the book, I could see how you would think the movie could be slow at times and you wouldn't get all the humor. It was a movie that made me smile and laugh. I wasn't a huge fan of all the characters at first but throughout the movie they grew on me. It was well-done and followed the story line pretty closely. We had a fun night.
Yesterday while Jared was at his group meeting Ethan and I went to Balboa with some friends. We took the ferry across Balboa Island and walked along the beach houses. We saw several owners putting up their Christmas decorations. They were going all out and actually had to hire several other men to help decorate their beach homes. There must be a lot of pressure to have a cool beach house during the holidays since thousands of people look at their homes throughout the Christmas season.
In the evening Jared and I got to go out again to the temple. We swapped babysitting with the Bedkes so we both could go. It is always so nice to attend the temple, and they even had a nativity in front. Jared and I want to take a day trip to LA to go to the temple and see the lights. I still have never done a session at the LA temple. We figure this is a good time to go with all the Christmas lights and displays.
In the evening Jared and I got to go out again to the temple. We swapped babysitting with the Bedkes so we both could go. It is always so nice to attend the temple, and they even had a nativity in front. Jared and I want to take a day trip to LA to go to the temple and see the lights. I still have never done a session at the LA temple. We figure this is a good time to go with all the Christmas lights and displays.
2 comments:
I'm glad you like the movie! That's nice that you have friends you take turns with for babysitting. Sounds like a great weekend!
I am glad you liked the movie. I have heard mixed reviews, so I'm glad you enjoyed.
Maybe they will put lights on the Newport temple? Just a thought.
We should go to the boat parade together. When does it start I wonder?
Post a Comment