Monday-putting signs out around town with Mary-Anne and kids.
Milk and snacks go a long way. The kids did really well.
Mary-Anne drove and I jumped out to place the signs. It was a lot of fun with several thumbs up and honks. Only one person cussed at me.With little time to go the Yes and No results for Prop 8 are still neck and neck. I have faith that it will win but it is too close for comfort. Today I called people for a few hours to remind them to vote, same type of calls as Sunday. Mostly I had to leave messages and I got a few that answered, some saying yes and others saying no. It was equal just like the polls are stating. Everyone around the state has been working so hard for this effort and will be so relieved when it is over. I am grateful to have had a small part in this monumental election. Not only is this proposition incredibly important, but we will most likely have the first African-American President, Barack Obama. This most likely will be a turning point in our nation's history: some think for the better but others are not so happy for this change. He seems too young and inexperienced to be Commander in Chief, and he is way to liberal on so many issues. Regardless, it looks like he will win it, so it will be interesting to see what direction he takes this country. Results to come tomorrow!
2 comments:
Good work, Child! Your hard work paid off! It's cute to see all the kids in their car seats in the back seat.
You forgot to mention a stop to Rite Aid goes a long way!!
Post a Comment