
Last night I had my first cake class with Laurie and Heather. It was so much fun and I learned a lot. I am really excited for the next three classes and all the skills I will learn from them. I really learned a lot last night. It amazed me how easy it is to make a nice looking professional cake if you have the right tools. Well, it does take practice but the right tools are definitely a must. Last night was an orientation of the class. The teacher told us all the tools we would need for the class and explained what they did. We learned some baking tips and learned the basket weave, scallops, roses, and some basic borders. We didn't decorate on a cake last night, that will be next week. Instead, we frosted a piece of styrofoam cut out in the shape of a cake. For next week's class we have to bring two 8-inch cakes and frosting. Of course this is not store-bought frosting but a special recipe she gave us. I am excited to get my tools and start practicing. I am so glad I am taking it with Heather and Laurie. It is always nice to go with someone and then be able to review what we learned with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment