Saturday, May 24, 2008
Nanny 911
We need Nanny 911! For the last few weeks Ethan keeps waking at 5:30am and will not go back to bed. He used to wake around 6-6:30am which I thought was bad but 5:30am is just wrong. When I hear him cry out I wait a little bit to get him because I can barely move and it is way too early for a baby to be getting up. It really is too early for anyone to get up in my opinion but especially Ethan because he just fusses the whole morning. The sun still isn't up and it makes for a much longer day because he is extra tired. I end up laying him down for his morning nap around 7-7:30am. This should be the time we are getting up. This ends up messing his whole schedule up because he is too tired to play but I can't put him down because he is always about an hour away from eating. If I lay him down before feeding him he will only take a very short nap. I have tried to let him cry out a little bit when he wakes that early but he is totally awake and ready to get out. I don't know what I should do because he has slept all through the night so I am happy for that but he is still too fussy when he gets up. I have tried feeding him his bottle and then laying him back down but that only worked once. If he wakes early tomorrow I am going to give him his bottle and let him feed himself in his crib and see if he will go back to sleep. If that doesn't work I think I will have to let him cry it out. He will have to learn. It is hard to do that because I really hate to listen to him cry like that - and it's not like I am sleeping while he is crying - but we have to try something. I hope we can find something that will help both of us sleep better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment