Monday, May 26, 2008

Sleeping update

On Sunday morning Ethan woke up at 5:26 (to be exact). I had decided if he woke that early we were going to give him a bottle in his crib and hope that he would fall back to sleep. Well, that of course didn't happen so we let him cry until 6:45am. I know that is a long time and he never gave up so we got him up. I was ok letting him cry that long because we had given him a bottle so we knew he was full. Basically, if the sun is not up, I am not up. When we got him out he was very calm and we played with him for quite a while and put him down for a nap. Church is always difficult with Ethan since it is during one of his naps. We stay as long as we can and then end up having to take him home to nap. He will never fall asleep in our arms and he is way too tired to make him stay up like that. He starts screaming in the halls and that means we better get out of there. A few weeks ago I was in Relief Society and Jared had Ethan in the hallway, and I could hear Ethan screaming through the shut door all the way down the hall so we ended up leaving. I figure there is no reason he should have to scream in the hall like that where everyone can hear. He is too little to know why we are torturing him like that. It is funny because we see other families leaving church with their kids so they can nap as well. Our church is from 11am-2pm and that is so hard for kids because that is their lunch and nap time. Hopefully we will be able to stay the whole time someday soon.

This morning Ethan slept until 6:30am! One more hour is so nice. Last night we gave him his solids right before bed and then 2oz of milk so maybe that was what helped him to sleep an extra hour. We will try it again tonight and see what tomorrow holds for us.

Today we are going to have a BBQ and go in the spa at the Goodman's house with my family. The Goodman's are out of town for a Dermatology conference in Virginia and will be coming back later this evening. It sounds like they have had a great time and they got time to play as well. It is nice having Jared home for the day since it is Memorial Day. Unfortunately the weather is not the greatest: it is cold and cloudy but the hot tub will feel nice.

No comments: